Thursday, January 3, 2008

Goodbye 2007!
























With 2008 here, I took some time recently to update my website gallery: http://www.dgmphotography.net/gallery/
with 2007 Portrait & Wedding Photos and to update the Portfolio Podcast with 2007 images as well: HERE . While performing these updates and looking through all of my 2007 photographs, I sort of picked out this as my favorite portrait from 2007. There were many that I really liked, but this one keeps bringing my attention back to it. I'm not sure exactly what it is that I like so much about it, but I think it might be the very candid nature of it coupled with the off-camera flash in my assistant's hand, blended with natural light. All three of those components don't often combine so effortlessly as they did in this photograph. ...and if I were to get a little less technical about it, I would have to say that I love the joy that you can almost feel in this boy as he is about to blow those dandelion seeds from the stem, symbolizing the end of summer, the end of another playful season outdoors in his backyard as a young boy... maybe the end of getting so much joy from something so simple as blowing seeds away. ...nah, who am I kidding, I still love to blow seeds off their stems and watch them float away! :) Happy 2008 everyone!

No comments: